When you want to carefully tweak the punch of your snare, the ricki-ticki-ticking of your hi-hats or the snappiness of a synth line, Transient Shaper is the right tool for the job.
Using a compressor is the most common way of adjusting the dynamics of a sound, but sometimes this can be a bit cumbersome. This is where Transient Shaper shines, giving you very direct control over the character of both the attack and sustaining sections of the sound in a way that’s simple to understand and tweak.
- The amount of amplification or attenuation of the transient.
- The amount of attenuation directly after the transient, emphasizing the transient without increasing the level.
- The amount of amplification or attenuation of the sustained sound.
- Higher values results in snappier transient modification, and lower values result in smoother curves.
- When enabled, the output signal is clipped to 0dB.
- When enabled transients are detected based on a secondary input, but the effect is applied to the main input.
- Settings panel
- Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
It also has a “randomize” button that can be useful. I guess…
- Enabled checkbox
- The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle
- The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Transient Shaper as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.)
“I really love it! I’m a visual person so being able to see the envelope helps me understand how the signal is being processed. This will become a part of my arsenal for sure.”Jake Stanczak – Kill the Noise
Get more out of Transient Shaper!
Transient Shaper shines on it´s own, but it was primarily created to power up the different “Snapin Hosts” Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now!