When you think of the modern electric guitar, no doubt certain images pop into your head. However, perhaps none are more ubiquitous than the legendary Jimi Hendrix.
Believe it or not, November 27, 2012 was the 70th anniversary of Jimi’s birth, and we’re commemorating it with this new collection, which features stunningly authentic models of vintage Hendrix gear.
Sonic Alchemy – the Hendrix Formula
His sound was a unique mix of high volume overdriven tube amps, feedback control and an exclusive use of stompbox guitar effects, which was a breakthrough for that era. Hendrix was one of the first guitarists to really experiment with the sonic expressiveness of electronic effects, which were a fundamental part of his sound. Electronic effects were a technological novelty in the ’60s, and in many respects, Hendrix was a pioneer in using them to craft unusual guitar tones. Now, you can play through the same gear…
AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection is the newly expanded officially licensed collection of gear used by Hendrix in the studio and on tour. You’ll be able to plug into the same stuff Jimi used to create the sounds that to this day are still regarded as THE voice of the electric guitar — the sound that will bring you back to the Woodstock era, while still sounding incredibly fresh and contemporary.
The AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection gives you 7 amps, 7 cabinets, 5 microphones, 11 stomps and 4 rack effects, for a grand total of 34 pieces of vintage Hendrix gear!
New additions include SilverTwelve (model based on the Silvertone® Twin Twelve 1484™), offering gritty distortion and massive clean tone; JH Gold (model based on a Marshall® JTM 45™), Jimi’s fave Marshall from 1968 on, modeled with our IK’s DSM™ and SCC™ modeling technologies; JH 1200 (model based on the Sunn® 1200S™), a high-powered tube bass head used by guitarists and bassists; and EP Tape Echo (model based on the Maestro® Echoplex®), which gives you the sound of the most famous echo unit of all time.
You can use the AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ Anniversary Collection as a standalone app complete with a 4-track recorder and speed control, or as a tone powerhouse plug-in for your favorite DAW
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies offer the most realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 5 separate modules
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads + 2 Cabs + 2 x double mics and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Massive database of presets with multiple guitar and bass oriented tags and keywords, advanced search function, rig visualization and more plus free online sharing service for user presets called “Preset XChange”
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers such as StealthPlug, SteathPedal, StealthBoard and StompIO allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 4-track built-in multitrack recorder with DAW-like features enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a small band in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
Mac® (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows® (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel® Pentium 4® 2.4 GHz or Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows® XP, Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows 10.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).