Master your music with the secret techniques, workflow and world-renowned know-how of Lurssen Mastering
Lurssen Mastering Console is a groundbreaking new mastering tool for either iPhone, iPad or Mac/PC that puts a lifetime’s worth of professional mastering experience at your fingertips.
Created in collaboration with Mastering Engineers Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen of Multi Grammy Award winning facility Lurssen Mastering, Inc. in Los Angeles, it puts you at the controls in the studio with all of the secret tools, settings and techniques that have made the Lurssen sound so sought after by the world’s top-tier recording artists and producers.
It faithfully recreates Lurssen’s “whole is greater than the sum of its parts” philosophy of mastering. With it, you get a top of the line mastering processor chain that has been created and tweaked by Gavin and his team to reflect the settings they use in the studio while mastering hip-hop, rock, pop and more. With Lurssen Mastering Console, you finally have a way to make professional sounding masters no matter whether you’re in the studio or on the go.
A sound philosophy
Lurssen Mastering Console is a totally new approach to digital audio mastering. It provides a complete emulation of the entire mastering processing chain used by world-renowned mastering engineers Gavin Lurssen and Reuben Cohen and their team. This chain includes tube equalizers, solid state equalizers, limiters, de-essers and solid state compressors. The simulation of this chain reflects their “whole chain philosophy”.
Lurssen Mastering Console
Lurssen Mastering Console models and recreates the interactions between the individual processors in its chain down to the actual gear hookup schematics themselves. This approach effectively gives you access to decades worth of knowledge in the form of workflow secrets, special techniques, signal chains and technical know-how.
Hear the Lurssen Mastering Console difference
Here are just a few examples of mixes before and after being mastered with Lurssen Mastering Console. Using the “styles” presets as a starting point, the mixes were tweaked in real time using push, automation, and eq controls to capture the magic in the music. (Settings for each mastered file can be found in the audio file descriptions.)
- Created in collaboration with mastering engineers Gavin Lurssen, Reuben Cohen and the team at multi-Grammy award-winning Lurssen Mastering, Inc.
- Accurately reproduces Lurssen Mastering’s unique philosophy, studio workflow and signal chain
- Separate versions available for iPhone/iPad and Mac/PC
- Mac/PC version works as a standalone application or as a plug-in for your DAW
- 30 pre-made “Styles” created by Gavin Lurssen and team that reproduce the settings and gear used to master pop, hip-hop, rock and more
- 3 easy-to-navigate displays: A Studio view with controls, a Wave waveform view and a Chain view for individual processors
- Input Drive knob
- 5 band EQ with fixed frequency
- “PUSH” Knob to subtly enhance selected song passages via uniform EQ adjustment
- Full automation of audio content adjustment
- Linkable Input Drive control for stereo balance tweaks
- Input/Process assignable VU metering
- Stereo/Mono monitoring capability
- 88.2/96kHz DSP processing
- Audio import from iPhone/iPad music library
- Resizable GUI (Mac/PC version)
- Full-featured modes available via in-app purchase: Play/Process and HD Engine (iPhone/iPad version)
- Project file compatibility between Mac/PC and iPhone/iPad