A JOURNEY THROUGH SPACE AND WIDTH
The Stereo Image Plug-in brings Fusion’s mid-side circuit to your DAW. Acclaimed for its natural sounding, 3D enhancing capabilities, Stereo Image Plug-in allows you to fine-tune the width, depth and space around your sounds, instruments, vocals and entire mix.
The Stereo Image Plug-in is modelled on the mid-side processing circuit from the SSL Fusion stereo outboard hardware processor. This true-analogue circuit utilizes a technique that separates a stereo signal into two channels: a sum (L+R) for the sounds in the center (Mid) and a difference signal (L-R) for the sounds on the left and right (Side) allowing you to narrow or widen the stereo image using the WIDTH control.
The SPACE circuit is a frequency-dependent width control based on the concept of Stereo Shuffling, allowing you to inject interesting depth effects into your mix. Stereo Image Plug-in exposes a brand-new SHUFFLE control for changing the frequency cut-off in the SPACE circuit, allowing you to add weight and presence or carve space in the stereo field.
Watch Sean Divine guide us through applying width and depth to vocals, strings and full mix using Stereo Image Plug-in.
- Modelled on the SSL Fusion Stereo Image processor
- Based on EMI engineer Alan Blumlein’s invention of modern stereo in 1931: Stereo Shuffling
- WIDTH control lets you increase the level of the side signal to narrow or widen the stereo image
- SPACE control allows you to experiment with a broad bass-frequency boost or cut in the side signal
- SHUFFLE parameter allows additional tweaking to the frequency cut-off in the SPACE circuit
- Visualise the stereo image of the signal using the polar sample plot vector scope
- Use SOLO SIDE to audition the stereo component of the signal
- M/S monitoring
- Modelled using a combination of real-life measurements, analogue circuit designs, and close collaboration with the original analogue designers of the SSL FUSION hardware
- Preset management and A/B-ing system
- Comes loaded with presets from world-class producers and engineers, including: Adrian Hall, Alan Moulder, Caesar Edmunds, Charlie Holmes, Michael Brauer, Romesh Dodangoda and Sean Divine
SSL plug-ins can be authorised by machine-based iLok licensing or iLok 2 / iLok 3 USB dongles.