‘Virus FM Power’ is not just a distinct soundset of 94 presets based on FM synthesis capabilities of Access Virus, but also contains 20 special morphing Synthmorph MIDI sequences.
Although the classic Access Virus B and Virus C are primarily virtual analog synthesizers, they are armed with a simple two-operator FM mode, applying frequency modulation synthesis. Despite this simple ‘pseudo-FM’ structure, Virus uses some clever methods to extend the range of possible FM sounds into its own unrivaled territory of amazing sonic landscapes.
Hence, the idea here was to create pure, punchy, bright FM sounds using only the frequency modulation components of the Virus. While some presets were inspired by the Yamaha DX7 era, a Virus always encourages you to break the rules and create sounds beyond the ordinary: raspy FM basses, crystalline keys, tinkling mono leads, animated pads and sharp plucks, some crazy psy frog effects used by psy trance songs. Most of them are spiced up with some irregular yet controlled atonal, aliased and droning nature, or the mix of all these, unique to Virus only.
The Virus FM Power pack also includes 20 complex ‘mood creator’ Synthmorph MIDI sequences. They demonstrate the infinite sonic range of the Virus synths and the 5-25 conscious parameter automations transform these MIDI riffs into vivid and emotional animated textures. Use these Synthmorph sequences as is, tweak them or apply them to another preset, etc. – they are utterly flexible.
• 94 categorized Access Virus presets in *.mid format
• Included: 29 Bass, 18 Key, 7 Lead, 12 Pad, 16 Pluck and 12 FM Psy Frog effects
• 20 Synthmorph sequences in MIDI and mp3
• Detailed PDF manual with installation and usage tips
• Compatible with Access Virus B / Classic / C / TI / TI2 / Snow / Virus Powercore / Indigo TDM synthesizers. These patches are only partially compatible with Virus A and Virus Rack Classic.