The new meaning of heavyweight. EastWest/Quantum Leap Pianos stands out because it’s the biggest most ambitious sampled piano project ever, with the sound quality to prove it.
— KEYBOARD MAGAZINE
After two years of recording, editing, and programming, EastWest/Quantum Leap proudly present the most detailed collection of the world’s finest grand pianos ever recorded in one of the ‘temples of sound’, EASTWEST STUDIOS (more RIAA certified platinum and gold records awarded than any other recording studios) with 3 mic positions for each piano.
This virtual instrument includes four of the world’s finest grand pianos: a Bechstein D-280, Steinway D, Bösendorfer 290, and Yamaha C7. The PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
EastWest/Quantum Leap Pianos Gold Edition, which provides only the player’s perspective mics and 16-bit samples, is available for users with less powerful systems.
Additional close mics version engineered by KEN SCOTT
(Elton John, Supertramp, David Bowie, Beatles)
- The most detailed piano recordings – EVER!
- Load any piano or mic position individually (each piano is approx. 60Gbs)
- 3 positions are included per piano for maximum flexibility
- 10-18 velocities per note of sustain and sustain with pedal
- 8-12 velocities per note of repetitions and repetitions with pedal
- 5-8 velocities of soft pedal and soft pedal with sustain pedal
- 16 velocity staccato on every piano
- Repetition samples taken from 180 BPM performances for a TRUE repetition sound and not simply an alternate take.
- Software detects true repetitions
- Resonance – pedal resonance recorded for every note at multiple velocities, as well as with the soft pedal down
- Proprietary resonance captured on the Bösendorfer
- Release samples with software envelope follower
- Articulations on each piano include
- A. Sustain
- B. Sustain with pedal
- C. Repetitions
- D. Repetitions with pedal
- E. Soft pedal
- F. Soft pedal with sustain pedal
- G. Staccato
- H. Release trails
- Recorded in a proper piano environment with vintage Neumann microphones, Meitner AD converters and a vintage 8078 Neve console
- Stereo swap possible in software
- Mic position mixing in software
- Lid position simulation
- Articulation matrix for quick and straightforward loading
- Most powerful streaming engine available with highest polyphony counts
- PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
- 57 GB Free Hard Disc Space (Gold)
MAC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
PC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
MAC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
PC RECOMMENDED SYSTEM
- iLok account required for machine (electronic) license placed on your computer or use optional iLok Key; internet connection required for one-time product activation
Included for both PC and Mac:
- 64-bit standalone and plug-in versions included (for 32-bit compatibility please use PLAY 4.3.5).
- Check the compatibility chart for supported hosts.
EASTWEST PLAY Host/Sequencer Compatibility Matrix
|Tested DAW||Mac OS 10.9 – 10.12.3||WIN XP|
|WIN 10, 8, 7,|
|WIN 10, 8, 7,|
|Ableton Live||YES||YES||YES||YES1||6.07 or higher|
|Cubase/Nuendo||YES2||YES||YES3||YES||YES3||6 or higher|
|FL Studio||YES||YES||YES||YES||7 or higher|
|GarageBand||YES||3 or higher|
|Logic||YES4||7.2 or higher|
|Digital Performer||YES4||YES||YES||6.02 or higher|
|Pro Tools5||YES||YES||YES||7.4 to 10|
|Pro Tools 11 or higher5||YES||YES||YES6||11 or higher|
|Sibelius||YES7||YES||YES||6 or higher8|
|Sonar||YES||YES||YES||YES||6.2 or higher|
|VE Pro||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||4.0.54 or higher|
|Studio One||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||2 or higher|
|Reaper||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||3 or higher|