Re-live the magic of tape-based sampling
Analog tape-based sampling reborn
SampleTron 2 combines the powerful sound engine of IK’s award-winning SampleTank 4 with our industry-leading tape modeling technology to recreate the distinctive, ultra-vibey sounds of tape-based samplers from the ‘60s and ‘70s, along with quirky early digital sample players and vocoders.
This comprehensive collection features deep sampling of vintage Mellotron® and Chamberlin tapes, a collection of new acoustic “non-Tron” sounds with tape processing, and now enables you to load your own samples and create modern audiophile Tron sounds that are uniquely yours.
SampleTron 2 overview
- 8GB virtual instrument collection of sought-after vintage and tape-based samplers
- Over 400 tracks sampled from vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, Optigans and other rare pieces
- Each preset can load three tracks to split, layer and solo from over 400 available
- Features a collection of modern non-Tron and vintage digital sample-based instruments
- Includes the full content of IK’s original SampleTron updated for legacy users
- Sample loading function creates user Tron sounds with IK’s tape modeling DSP
- Superb rack effects include Channel Strip, Tape Echo, Multimod and new Vintage Plate
- Standalone operation or SampleTron 2 can be played as a library inside SampleTank 4
What’s new in version 2.0.4
- New sound content, “The Grunge Tapes,” tracks and presets added
Make it your Tron
All controls are intuitive to use with old-school looks that belie some ground-breaking engineering. Like the original Mellotron hardware, there are three available tracks for each preset. You can load any of the included tracks without having to fudge the track selector to combine them.
In addition to the included library, the ‘tron characteristics can be applied to any sound. Your own samples can now be easily loaded and mapped to take full advantage of the tape processing sound using IK’s industry-leading tape modeling technology. A panel of global controls along with six tape controls let you dial in exactly the right mood.
All the tools you need
When you want to fine-tune the sound further, SampleTron 2’s edit mode lets you dive deep into the preset parameters with controls for volume, pan, fine tune, transpose and high and low note range for each Track. You’ll also find additional synthesizer-style controls including a filter with selectable type and an amplitude envelope with velocity control for each track individually or all tracks combined. With SampleTron 2, you can truly invent your own Tron sound.
Effects like no other
SampleTron 2 includes a powerful set of effects to give each performance exactly the depth and dimension your music needs. Effects include a Channel Strip equalizer and compressor, Tape Echo, Multimod—with selectable chorus, ensemble, flanger, phaser, Uni-V and Rotary Speaker—and the new Vintage Plate Reverb that’s based on the Plate algorithm developed for AmpliTube 5 and MixBox. These are great-sounding effects that leverage IK’s expertise in the field, and we’ve chosen the ones that complement SampleTron 2 perfectly.