- The professional composer’s single most powerful tool for creating horror and suspense on demand
- A massive 60 GB collection of 800 instruments and presets including Guitars, Basses, Drums, Keyboards, Vocal and other instruments
- Created by progressive rock legend Steven Wilson and award-winning sounds producer Doug Rogers
- Includes many “live” presets that can be adjusted by the user in the software
- All the building blocks you need to rapidly bring your most ambitious sonic ideas to life
- Now included in OPUS with individual downloads, custom keyswitches, and dozens of MIDI Tools and Mixer Effects
FROM THE MASTERS OF SOUND DESIGN
One of the most eclectic and prolific artists in the history of progressive rock, Steven Wilson has teamed up with award-winning producer Doug Rogers to deliver you the complete toolkit for creating dramatic and terrifying soundscapes. You’ll find no shortage of Steven’s most innovative sounds which will inspire film composers, songwriters, and any musicians interested in creating an intense cinematic experience for listeners. Steven Wilson and Doug Rogers have designed a rich palette of samples immediately ready for your use. All you need to do is open Ghostwriter and acquaint yourself with this massive library of carefully crafted sounds and then you can easily take it from there.
TWIST, LAYER, DEFORM
The broad range of post-processing effects built into this instrument give you ample opportunity to shape each sound to your liking. Ghostwriter gives you an excellent starting point, but you’ll also have access to an incredible suite of Mixer Effects in OPUS you need to turn every sound into something that’s instantly recognizable as your own.
Even if you prefer designing your own sounds for every project, Ghostwriter presents a wealth of opportunities for creative layering, deforming, and inspiration to keep you on track while you build them. Once you’re done mangling, you’ll have a result that’s distinctly different from the sample you started with.
Looking to create dark, atmospheric, ethereal effects that no synth or pedal can reproduce? Ghostwriter’s extensive collection of 576 guitars offers enough recordings and effect chains to liquify, crystallize, and decimate any sound you can think of. Choose from Dirty, EBow, LoFi li and more, and begin mangling and stretching to your heart’s content.
Large, distorted and edgy, you’ll find Ghostwriter’s 120 basses are everything you need to bring that punchy low end to any track. These instruments provide an excellent reason to dive into the Mixer Effects in OPUS and push this collection’s dirt to the limit.
Distorted, mic’d, re-amplified, and compressed into oblivion, the 65 drums of Ghostwriter defy any semblance of a conventional kit. You can make them pump, groan, and scream should you choose, or even sit in the background and gently move things along.
The perfect way to create an ambient bed to build your music on. You’ll discover countless ways to warp, stretch, and elongate these 59 keyboards into infinity and design an entirely new realm in the process.
Going far beyond the traditional choir sound, these 23 vocal instruments are subtle and easy to morph into slowly moving pad textures. When you need an ethereal base to construct your chords and want to be sure they have a soft and organic tone, you’ll find they consistently give you the tools to get the job done.
Featuring 33 morphing clusters, pads, and bells, this section contains the sounds that are either too cool or bizarre to categorize. Take a listen to see what other sonic worlds are available to you.
WHAT WILL YOU CREATE?
Regardless of how many virtual instruments you already have to bring your own cinematic soundscapes to life, it’s difficult to beat the pure versatility and unrestrained grit Ghostwriter so expertly offers. No matter what tools you’re currently using, this instrument will bolster even the greatest composer’s arsenal.
Minimum System Requirements
- Mac: 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM, OS 10.5 or later, 7200 RPM or faster hard drive for sample streaming.
- PC: 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Dual Core 2, 4GB RAM, Windows XP SP2, Vista or Windows 7, sound card with ASIO drivers, 7200 RPM or faster hard drive for sample streaming.