Arturia PolyBrute Analog Matrix Synthesizer Features:
- 100% analog signal path provides the rich interactive sound that synth enthusiasts crave
- Built around a 61-note full-sized keyboard with aftertouch and mod and pitch wheels
- Dual VCOs with UltraSaw and Metalizer deliver sought-after Brute-series sound
- Shape your sound with Steiner-Parker and ladder filters for an added range of character
- Simple navigation (no menus or shift commands) makes operation simple and intuitive
- Instantly route signals, recall presets, and more via the matrix button array
- Expressive controls including the cutting-edge Morphée pad and a wooden ribbon controller
- 64-step sequencer lets you add motion to your sounds and create complex phrases
- Enhance your sounds with amazing onboard digital effects including delay, reverb, and more
- Included editor/librarian software and 768 preset slots with 384 factory presets make finding the perfect patches easy
- Easy-to-read OLED display for preset browsing
- Integrates easily into your setup with MIDI and USB interfacing
- Robustly constructed with beautiful black walnut cheeks and high-quality knobs and faders
Analog Synthesis, Evolved!
Arturia has taken analog synthesis to new heights with the PolyBrute, an advanced synthesizer crafted for serious sound design. With six voices of polyphony, two analog oscillators, and a dual filter section featuring both a Steiner-Parker filter and a Ladder filter, the Poly Brute nails classic analog sounds, from basement-dwelling basslines to stratospheric pads. But this is no mere throwback-style synth. The PolyBrute overflows with modern features that explode its creative potential, including a 32-destination modulation matrix, a 64-step polyphonic sequencer, a ribbon controller, a digital effects section, and Arturia’s cutting-edge Morphée pad, which empowers you to twist and evolve patches with nuanced hand control. Arturia’s Brute series of synthesizers and drum machines are a favorite of synthesists at Sweetwater, and the PolyBrute is a welcome addition to the lineup. For next-generation analog synthesis, get your hands on the Arturia PolyBrute and prepare for a unique analog experience.
Two classic analog voltage-controlled filters
With its dual-filter design — a Steiner-Parker filter and a Ladder filter, the Arturia PolyBrute is steeped in rich and creamy analog vibe. The Steiner-Parker filter dates back to the 1970s, where it was originally employed on the classic Synthacon synthesizer, and it’s known for retaining amplitude when you crank the resonance, allowing for some serious squelch. For the PolyBrute, Arturia tweaked the original Steiner-Parker formula, adding continuous highpass, bandpass, and lowpass modes to deliver a monumental spectrum of tones. The PolyBrute’s traditional four-pole ladder filter is ideal for generating guttural bass patches, shimmering strings, and laser-hot leads. And, PolyBrute lets you assign its two VCOs and noise generator independently to either filter to serve up ultra-stacked sonics.
Fantastic feel and expressive controls
Synth aficionados know that a huge part of the appeal of hardware synthesizers is the visceral sensation of twisting knobs, sliding faders, and bending mod wheels. With that in mind, Arturia fashioned PolyBrute for maximum feel to heighten the playing experience and inspire expressive performances. The PolyBrute is equipped with a 61-note deluxe-action keyboard with velocity and aftertouch, a wooden ribbon controller, a motion recorder, and the groundbreaking 3-dimensional Morphée pad. Along with its slew of parameter controls, these tactile appointments beg to be played, inviting artists to dive in and lose themselves in an immersive analog wonderland.
Powerful modulation matrix and polyphonic step sequencer
Without modulation, synths would just spit out raw, uninspiring waveforms. But wrap them in an envelope, sprinkle in a little LFO to control filter cutoff, pitch, or pulse width, and, suddenly you’ve got a universe of timbres at your fingertips. The PolyBrute is chock full of modulators, and it’s powered-up with a 32-destination routing matrix that makes it easy to assign modulators to destinations and controllers for forming otherworldly patches. Additionally, the PolyBrute sports a 64-step polyphonic sequencer and an arpeggiator, so you can program or play complex patterns to twist, mangle, and manipulate with the PolyBrute’s formidable set of soundshaping tools.